Presentations and Papers
- Balisage 2009 - Agile Business Objects Management Application for Electronic Records Archive Transfer Process - with Quyen L. Nguyen, National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
- Extreme Markup 2008 - Implementing XML Schema Naming and Design Rules : Perils and Pitfalls - with Joshua Lubell, Boonserm (Serm) Kulvatunyou and KC Morris, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- XML 2002 - XML Overview
- Scuola Superiore G. Reiss Romoli 2002, L'Aquila, Italy, August,
2002 - "The Role of XML in E-Business"
- XML for Managers and Newcomers -
presented at XML 2001 in Orlando, Florida on December 11, 2001.
- XML and Accessibility - presented to the
U.S. Government XML Working Group, June 20, 2001.
This presentation can be viewed in two forms:
- A frame-based navigatible
XML file. This version requires IE 6.0.
- An XML file doing
server-side translation to HTML via XSLT. There isn't any
navigation with this version.
- XML/EDI - Issues, Ideas, Practical Constraints - presented at XML 99, Philadelphia, Pa., December 6, 1999.
- XML History and Relationship to Other
Standards - presented at The American Society for Information
Science 1999 Annual Conference, November 1, 1999.
- XML and EDI - Natural Partners
Published in EDI Forum - The Journal of Electronic Commerce,
Volume 11, Number 3, September 1998.
How STEP/SGML and XML/EDI Initiatives Will Impact Future Development of IETMs
- presented by Betty Harvey,
Electronic Commerce Connection, Inc. at XML Europe 98, Paris, France,
Railroad Industry Forum (RIF) Electronic Parts Catalog Exchange Standard (EPCES) - presented by
Zarella James, Isogen International,
Betty Harvey,Electronic Commerce
Connection, Inc., and Doug Welling, Isogen International at SGML 97,
Washington, D.C., December 1997.
SGML Documentation Objects within the STEP Environment - presented by
Hugh Tucker, Documenta, ApS, and
Betty Harvey, Electronic Commerce Connection, Inc., at SGML Europe,
Barcelona, May 1997.
- DTDs in Support of XML/EDI - presented
March 17, 1998, by Betty Harvey to
the Graphics Communications Association Information Exchange Working Group
- Industrial Data & Documentation
(STEP/SGML) - presented at SGML Europe, May 1997 by
Hugh Tucker and
- eXtensible Markup Language
- presented by
Betty Harvey at the June 1997 ISO STEP meeting in San Diego,
- Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals
(IETM) and STEP - presented by
Betty Harvey at the March 1997 ISO STEP meeting in Chester, England.
- Beyond HTML - presented by
Betty Harvey at the March, 1996,
Washington, D.C. SGML Users Group Meeting
Address: Glen Burnie,